Monday, October 4, 2010

Black Bean & Sausage Soup

I am still feeling tired and gunky from my eye surgery last Thursday, so meal planning and grocery shopping have not been on my list for nearly a week.  I scrounged around and threw together what turned out to be an incredibly easy, convenient and delicious soup.  Even hubby liked it (and he is PICKY).  Next time I will probably add another can of black beans or extra flour to make this soup thicker like a stew.

  • 2 Tbs. Oil
  • 1 pound ground sausage (we used Jimmy Dean Reduced Fat)
  • 1 large onion, chopped
  • 8 cloves pressed garlic (we LIKE garlic...you can use less)
  • 4 Tbs. flour
  • 2 cans seasoned black beans (we used Bush’s)
  • 32 ounces beef broth
  • Sour cream (optional garnish)
  • Shredded cheese (optional garnish)
Sauté sausage in oil until browned. Honestly, mine was frozen, so I defrosted it in the microwave.  Add onion, garlic and flour to the browned sausage. Stir until well mixed. Add cans of beans and broth, stir. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until everything is cooked through...about an hour.
Serve with sour cream and shredded cheese.

0 comments:

Post a Comment