Saturday, October 9, 2010

Coconut Cinnamon Granola


Yumm!  Hubby and I are die hard granola fans.  We looooove this recipe.  It's crazy easy, quick and delicious.

1/2 cup oil (I used coconut oil)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup honey
1 cup shredded coconut (I used large shred, unsweetened)
1 Tbs. Vanilla
Cinnamon - I used about 2 Tbs, but we LOVE cinnamon, so you can use less
Pinch of salt
7 cups oats (NOT quick cooking)

I started this in the evening.  In a large pot, heat oil, brown sugar and honey until it's all melted together.  Turn off heat, stir in vanilla, coconut and cinmamon.  Stir in oats until everything is all coated.  Pour in a 9x13 pan and bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 minutes - do NOT open until morning.  Turn the oven off and then in the morning you have a delicious breakfast!  I use a butter knife in the morning to "break" this apart.

This filled three large mason jars.  DELICIOUS!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment